Taking control of a remote program

Hello.

Maybe it's a bit offtopic, but I'm interested just in the Gtk case...
I'd need to take control of a RUNNING app from another machine.
For example, when my mother "locks" my program, I'd like to ssh to that
machine (already possible) and then "mirror" on my machine what she
sees, so to "unlock" it in a couple of clicks instead of having to
phisically go to that machine for the same two clicks...

I think it's possible with VNC, but since it's lot of overhead I'd like
to know if there's some other way ...

BYtE,
 Diego.