Re: greek fonts in gtk+-2.0

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Teardrop Sky wrote:

> i went through the mailing list archives, and saw some mention of unicode,
> but no example code to go with it, and was wondering if anyone out there
> might be able to show me a very basic working example of displaying
> greek text with gtk+-2.0, using either unicode or a symbol font.

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

gint
main (gint argc, gchar **argv)
{
  GtkWidget *window;
  GtkWidget *label;

  gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

  g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (window), "destroy",
                    G_CALLBACK (gtk_main_quit), NULL);

  label = gtk_label_new ("Μπορώ να φάω σπασμένα γυαλιά χωρίς να πάθω τίποτα.");

  gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), label);

  gtk_widget_show_all (window);

  gtk_main ();

  return 0;
}