Re: Howto monitor Window Manager Moving my Top Level Window - solved.

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 07:25:27PM +0300, Gal Aviel wrote:
> What do you think the prospects of my (small) changes in gtksocket.c
> making it to the main branch ? About two of these changes I believe to
> be bug fixes, but I'm too much of a newbie to get a good perspective
> on what I've done (learn Xlib/ICCCM2/Gtk-C/Gtk-Perl/NEdit in one week ..
> too much .. have to wait some time to get perspective).

For GTK 1.2, it's not likely that the changes will go in, simply
because a GTK 1.2.11 is not expected to come out - 1.2.10 is the end
of the 1.2 series.

For GTK 2.x, you have a whole new world (gtksocket.c is totally
changed), but patches would probably be of interest. Keep in mind
though that plug/socket are really only intended to work with embedees
that support the XEMBED protocol, not with arbitrary toplevel windows.

The way to submit a patch is to file it on http://bugzilla.gnome.org/
including the patch in "diff -u" format as an attachment to the bug.

Havoc