Re: Howto monitor Window Manager Moving my Top Level Window (related topics: GtkSocket and gtk_socket_steal())

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 01:28:10AM +0300, Gal Aviel wrote:
> If I can somehow monitor (via a signal, or similar) when my app is being
> moved by the window manager, then I can send a dummy event to the
> (formerly top level) embedded window, and the pop down menu(s) will be
> updated. However I don't know how.

You want configure_event on the GtkWindow.

(This is the event that your embedded NEdit is not receiving, for
exactly the reason you explained.)

What you can do is simply sythesize a ConfigureNotify event for the
NEdit window, just as a window manager would. See for example
the function send_configure_notify() in metacity/src/window.c,
or the equivalent function in any window manager.

Havoc