porting from GTK+12. to GTK+2.x

Hi,

I have a huge project built with Gale (Gnome Glade 0.6.2) and
GNOME/GTK+1.2 on RedHat 7.x. This summer I would like to upgrade to
GNOME 2.x on RedHat Linux 8.x.

What is the appropriate way to do this and how to convert tons of code
and continue working with all the source code we have built over the
years ? I want to get a good impression of the trouble/catastrofes we
will probably encounter. We do not have the manpower to let it take much
more than two weeks.

I know we lag behind in upgrading to GNOME 2.0, but there are too much
external libraries which are mission critical to upgrade on a whimp.

Best regards,

Peter Van Osta

Union Biometrica N.V./S.A.
European Scientific Operations (ESO)