Cannot set foreground colour of Entry widget

I have problems setting the foreground colour of an Entry widget. In
Gtk+-1.2 I modified a Style and then applied this to get say red colour
on the text of the Entry widget text. This way still works for Label
(though I use pango's markup instead now). However for a Entry widget
this approach does not work anymore. Is there something special one need
to do in Gtk+-2.x for Entry widgets?

I want to change colour if the string that is entered is not correct.

--
Ada95 is good for you.
http://www.crystalcode.com/codemage/MainMenu/Coding/Ada/IntroducingAda.php