Re: Can one know if a windows i minimized?

> I know this may be out of the realm of GTK, but since one can remove
> window decorations from GTK I was wondering if one also could hook the
> minimize button so the program knows that it is being minimized. This is
> useful in some areas.

Connect to the "window-state-event" signal on your top-level window.

The callback will be given a GdkEventWindowState pointer through which you
can access a new_window_state field.  This is a bitmask of flags such as
GDK_WINDOW_STATE_ICONIFIED etc.

Hope that helps,
Richard W.