Re: Filebrowser widget over CORBA

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 09:59, Peter Van Osta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a GTK-interface built with glade in combination with CORBA.
> In the interface I have used the filebrowser widget (generated by
> GLADE), but when I use it, it shows the directories and files which the
> GTK-client can see and not the directories and files on the
> CORBA-server.
>
> Is there a way to "redirect" the filebrowser so that it connects to the
> server instead and only shows directories and files from the server
> transparently ?

No. I would expand more, but I'm really not sure what to say.
The server is most likely not even exporting its file system in
any fashion.

The GTK+-2.4 file chooser widget is architected so that it
could theoretically be used like this; there is separation
between the file system model and the GUI components. But that's
really meant for things like gnome-vfs support, and isn't
exposed directly to applications.

And even if it was, you'd have to design your own custom
transport layer.

Regards,
						Owen