Re: GTK+ book

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 15:49, Dave Smith wrote:

> I have found references to a new book "Programming with GTK+" by Tim Janik -
> O'Reilly & Associates, May 2003, ISBN 1565926242.  This book is supposed to
> cover gtk+2.0, but it was apparently never actually published (at least
> according to O'Reilly).  Does anyone have any more information on the status
> of this book?

This book won't be published - it was a project that I was working on
with Tim and Ian Main (since 1997 or so...) but it eventually became
clear that we weren't devoted enough authors to get a book done
while dealing with jobs/school/GTK+ maintenance/etc.

You can find bits and pieces of it in the 'gtk-book' module in GNOME
cvs, but even what's there is rather out of date; much of it was
never updated to the final GTK+-2.0.

Regards,
						Owen