Re: Setting up global key bindings

Hi,

Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> writes:

> >  - another way to setup global key bindings ?
>
> what you're doing sounds right for most applications.

does it? I don't think it does. Having hidden key bindings is a very
bad idea from an UI-design point of view. So in order to bind keys to
certain actions, these actions should appear in a menu. You can then
add the keybindings to the menu entries. This gives you documented key
bindings, no fiddling with GDK events and you can even allow your
users to reassign key-bindings on the fly. All with writing very
little code since GTK+ provides a rich and powerful API to handle menu
accelerators.

Salut, Sven