Re: Setting up global key bindings

> does it? I don't think it does. Having hidden key bindings is a very
> bad idea from an UI-design point of view.

Right, but these are not "hidden". There is a widget, similar to what is
done to configure sawfish for instance, to configure these key bindings
and associate them with the macros the user chooses.

>  So in order to bind keys to certain actions, these actions should appear in
>  a menu.

This doesn't scale up if the user has lots of macros, some of which might not
be in use part of the time. Once again look at what is done for sawfish, which
has lots of lisp functions but you certainly wouldn't want to have all of them
in a menu, just the ones you actually use.

regards,
Emmanuel