Re: A problem and a question

Owen Taylor wrote:

> > Seems I missed something while installing (easy... it took me about 6
> > hours compiling the whole deps tree)... The strange thing is that I can
> > see all the strings correctly (maybe 'cause I'm only using standard
> > ASCII ?).
> Well, if you are using Solaris, the answer is in GLib's INSTALL
> file.
Nope. A "normal" Mandrake-Linux 8.0, heavily modified (I usually install
from .tar.gz).
I'm going to install libiconv, then.
But I fear it requires recompiling the whole glib :-(

> gtk_tree_view_get_selection(), gtk_tree_selection_set_select_function()
> gtk_tree_selection_get_selected(), etc. Look at the GtkTreeSelection
> docs.
Tks. Took 2 days to decide to write the question. Then 2 hours to find
the answer on my own... Murphy strikes my google searches :-)
What I still can't understand (probably it's only an implementation
detail) is why is the VIEW that controls selectability, and not the
model (IMVHO it should be more logical).

Another thing I noticed is that there's no (obvious) way to associate a
value with a row (like the old gtk_*_set_user_data)... Now I added a
column to the model and put user_data in it. Is it the correct method ?

Tks.

BYtE,
 Diego.