Re: need entry widget to dynamically resize to fit contents

On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 13:15:32 EST, george young <gry ll mit edu>  said:
> [gtk-2.2.0, pango-1.2.0, pygtk-1.99.14, python-2.3a1, linux]
> I need a gtk2 entry widget to expand (and hopefully contract too)
> so as to always display just the text it contains.  It is critical
> that all the text be visible, not scroll out of sight.  I'm using a
> monospace font.  Is there some neat way to do this?

What's the desired behavior if the text goes out-of-range in size?  For
instance, if you're using a 8x10 monospace font, the window is 400x200,
and the display is 800x600, what should happen if your text exceeds 50x20
or 100x60 chars in size?  And if you have something like:

||    label   |input area|    ||    (where || is a window edge)

what should happen to the label if 'input area' grows enough to push it off
the screen?
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer