Re: Querying the desktop dimension (size) from the WM

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 17:21, Hans Kramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you call gdk_window_maximize, your window will be neatly (I guess
> depending on the actual window manager) maximized taking into account
> the panels a user has running.
> Looking at the code I show that this is handled by the window manager.
> My question now is: is it possible to just obtain (query) only the
> dimension of the available desktop from the WM. Thus without actually
> having to maximize a window! (I would like to have two toplevel windows
> occupying the whole available desktop ;-)
Maybe you want one of
gtk_window_unfullscreen  (GtkWindow *window);
gtk_window_set_type_hint  (GtkWindow *window, GdkWindowTypeHint hint);
with GdkWindowTypeHint beeing GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DESKTOP

or the
gint        gdk_screen_width                (void);
gint        gdk_screen_height               (void);

--
Nils Olav Selåsdal <NOS Utel no>
System Developer, UtelSystems a/s