Re: Dev-C++, a GUI tool kit and C++

Alle 18:20, sabato 20 dicembre 2003, Maya ha scritto:
> Hey!
> Using C++, I have written a small application  for which I'd like to add
> a GUI. I have been looking at FOX, FLTK GTK+ and wxWindows. It's been
> only for GTK+ that I have found a book, the other libraries have some
> virtual documentation, but most of it is not in sync with the version of
> the GUI tool kit. GTK+ has good documentation, but is written in 'C',
> and my program is in C++. So here is my question, is there a way to
> develop the GUI in GTK+ to be connected to a C++ program?
>
> Thanks in advance

There is GTKmm: a C++ wrapping around GTK+. This would allow you to have a
homogeneous C++ programming environment. Beside this, you can use C (and
GTK+) from within a C++ program thanks to the fact that C++ is a superset of
C. The resulting code can be ugly and less readable than C++/GTKmm, though.

CU
Alessandro Bottoni
alessandrobottoni interfree it