Motif vs. GTK+

Hi All.

While still trying to convince the "powers that be" that
GTK+ is a better alternative to Motif, I am having problems
presenting my case. We all know that Motif is super old and
GTK+ is intended to be its replacement, but is there a resource
that describes the (dis)advantages of using GTK vs. tried and
tested Motif. (ie: widget sets, maintainability, risk, gui builders
etc. etc)

The static comes from switching from a proven toolkit to an
open source alternative.

I've google'd a bunch and searched thru the archives, but
nothing out there explains -why- one should consider GTK
beside the good old "Motif is outdated" argument.

If such a thing exists, or if you have any suggestions, please
let me know.

thanks again,
amit.