Re: Images / printing / positionning with PHPP GTK

At Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 01:59:23PM -0300, decio.osiris wrote:
> Thanks Chad for your answer.
>
> So, since it is better not to lock the size of the box
> containners, how can I garantee the right size of the
> boxes?
> For example, I was playing around with it and tried out
> a tipical windows environment design, withe a menubas on
> top, a vbox with a button box of a toolbar reght bellow
> it, a status bar on the botton of the window and in the
> middle, enough space and forms for inputting information
> (like to create a directory of companies and their
> adresses) inside a scrolling box.
> But but I just can't get the size of the button box
> (toolbar) and the middle scrolling box right!
> How can I fix it?

Try gtk_widget_set_size_request():
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-set-size-request

> As for printing, what do you suggest in your email?
> (sorry, newbie to it all and trying to understand this
> new world). That means I can't send the reporting
> directly from the application to the printer?

I'm not very familiar with printing, but I don't think GTK supports it
itself. I believe GNOME offers printing capability, but I'm not sure of
what; I don't know if it can print random GTK widgets.

> As for the images, please could some one explain if PHP
> is really limited to xmp images? If not, what are the
> best formats I can use and how? If so, does that mean I
> have to insert the ascii code for the image inside the
> application? Or are there any software to convert other
> image formats to xpm on windows?
>
> Thanks everyone

GTK supports several formats (e.g. PNG and JPEG) through pixbuf loaders.
Whether PHP-GTK can use them isn't really a question for gtk-list.