problem with g_locale_to_utf8()

Hello guys,

I am writing an application that receives data in portuguese language, it runs both Linux (English) and Windows (Brazilian Portuguese).

In the beginning, I was writing the code using non English characters, especially when using message boxes. That time, it was working fine.

When I started to accentuate the words, I got some errors messages telling me that PANGO don't accept non UTF-8 characters. Since then, I started to use g_locale_to_utf8() function.

When running my application in Windows, it works fine. But, when I tested in Linux, in the message boxes where I am using this function, the text doens't appears, just appears an empty space (I think).

I am researching for an explanation to this, but I didn't get it yet. May someone give me a help?

Thanks,

Paulo Ricardo