Images / printing / positionning with PHPP GTK

Thanks Chad for your answer.

So, since it is better not to lock the size of the box
containners, how can I garantee the right size of the
boxes?
For example, I was playing around with it and tried out
a tipical windows environment design, withe a menubas on
top, a vbox with a button box of a toolbar reght bellow
it, a status bar on the botton of the window and in the
middle, enough space and forms for inputting information
(like to create a directory of companies and their
adresses) inside a scrolling box.
But but I just can't get the size of the button box
(toolbar) and the middle scrolling box right!
How can I fix it?

As for printing, what do you suggest in your email?
(sorry, newbie to it all and trying to understand this
new world). That means I can't send the reporting
directly from the application to the printer?

As for the images, please could some one explain if PHP
is really limited to xmp images? If not, what are the
best formats I can use and how? If so, does that mean I
have to insert the ascii code for the image inside the
application? Or are there any software to convert other
image formats to xpm on windows?

Thanks everyone

At Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 02:10:58PM -0300, decio.osiris
wrote:
> 3. Lastly, in web designing, we use transparent images
> to lock the size of boxes and tables so we can create
> our deisng acordingly. Tn PHP GTK, is there any way to
> do anything like that? Locking the tables or spaces so
> the design we create looks always the same?

I can't answer the rest of your questions, but for this
one: no, that's
considered harmful. Translations, themes, user
configuration (font faces
and sizes), and probably more variables affect the size
of text to be
laid out. It's probably possible with an image-only
design, but that's
not as generally useful.

For something to be printed, you should probably
consider using an
actual page description language like PostScript or
possibly TeX (which
I am not so familiar with).

--
Chad Daelhousen
My opinions are my own, until UB purchases my soul.

AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!
http://antipopup.uol.com.br/