Re: substitute for GtkCList ???

Will wrote:

> I think the good approach is NOT to try openning all the books but
> considering only their title+author for example. You get a fairly small
> amount of data. The content of the books is NOT loaded yet.
The problem is: think about HOW MANY titles are around in a small
library... 10000 or so is quite a low guess...

> When the user ask to expand a book, then we can extract the data and
> load a subtree that contains these data (maybe not all of them but just
> the VISIBLE level, ie the folders or files in the root folder)
It would expand the subtree in both views !
A (memory wasting) solution is to add to the model a column for each
view, where I could set a pointer to some data useable by set_data_func
callback.
I'm looking for a less memory-wasting and more elegant solution, if it
exists. I couldn't find anything in 3 days...

> Does it help or am I totally away from your questions ?
Totally away :-(

BYtE,
 Diego.