Moving Selected Treeview Rows

Hello,

I have a GTK2 ListView and I want to allow the user to move all selected
rows by pressing an up/down button.

Do I really need to delete and re-insert the row? Since that's quite
slow and the selection is lost as well it doesn't seem to be a clean
solution.

I am trying to solve this simple task since several hours, any ideas
what's the proper way to do that?

Thanks!
-Sam
--
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up
in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.