Re: GTK+ 1.2.10 on Solaris has segfault inside malloc

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Eric M. Monsler wrote:

> Sadly, valgrind seems to be x86 specific, and my problem is on Solaris.

Run it on x86 with valgrind to fix the memory corruption bug you obviously
have.  Then run it on Solaris again.

> My application was at one point memory-usage-clean, as far as I could
> determine with the g_malloc facilities and with gskdebug from the gsk
> (Gnu Server Kit) library.  I will try those again and verify that they
> indicate clean behavior.

You are much better off with valgrind.

-Peter

"Of course, I'm not unbiased, but in my humble opinion, I've
 gotten close to something that I can be really proud of."
 -- Knuth on The Art of Computer Programming.