Re: GtkTreeView problem

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the reply.

I have to write a piece of code that returns the widget that the user
clicked on and the coordinates where the click happened relative to
the widget.

I had something that caught the button press event, took the
coordinates from it and called gtk_get_event_widget() on the event to
get the widget.

The widget that got the button_press event is passed to your signal
handler as the first parameter.

This signal handler has to be connected to the widget's button press signal fist (in the application code), yes?

This is a problem since I do not have access to the widget at all. This is my widget querying application that I mentioned before where I am querying widget names and positions where mouse clicks occured through a socket, so I do not have access to the internals of the application. A preload library helps me to get access to some of the details of the application, but I think I can work on quite low level only, like catching button press events and trying to figure out where the click happened (widgets and coordinates).

Or am I missing something?

Laszlo