Font Problem (Mozilla, Synaptic,....)

Hi all

i installed Debian unstable and KDE 3.1.1 on my Laptop. But in a lot of programs the fonts are big and ugly. For example in Mozilla and Synaptic, the fonts are huge! Then i tried to change to fonts by changing the file .gtkrc and .gtkrc-2.0. This worked for eclipse, but not for the other programs.

Could somebody tell me what these files are for? And whats the diffrence between them? When do i have to change the .gtkrc and when the .gtkrc-2.0 ?

Here are my files:

.gtkrcinclude "/usr/share/themes/Simple/gtk/gtkrc"

style "user-font"
{
  font="-monotype-arial-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-*-iso8859-15"
}
widget_class "*" style "user-font"

include "/home/hippie/.gtkrc.mine"

style "gq" {
       font = "helvetica 08"
}
class "GtkWidget" style "gq"

style "synaptic" {
       font_name = "helvetica 09"
}
class "GtkWidget" style "synaptic"

These lines have no effect on the programs gq, synaptic and mozilla

my .gtkrc-2.0 looks like this:
style "eclipse" {
       font_name = "helvetica 08"
       bg[NORMAL] = "#d6d3ce"
       bg[ACTIVE] = "#c7c2bc"
       bg[INSENSITIVE] = "#828282"
       bg[PRELIGHT] = "#3a6ea5"
       fg[NORMAL] = "#000000"
       fg[ACTIVE] = "#000000"
       fg[INSENSITIVE] = "#d4d0c8"
       fg[PRELIGHT] = "#ffffff"
}
class "GtkWidget" style "eclipse"

style "synaptic" {
       font_name = "helvetica 08"
}
class "GtkWidget" style "synaptic"

The changes for eclipse are working here!! but if i add for example the program synaptic this has no effect.

Could somebody explain me how i have to change there fonts (for example for mozilla)?

Thanks a lot!
Angela