Re: Pango/Xft compile problem

On 4 Apr 2003, Owen Taylor wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 09:22, Frank Hrebabetzky wrote:
> > On 4 Apr 2003, Sven Neumann wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > take a look at config.log to see what really goes wrong about
> > > compiling XftFreetype.h. I'd guess you are missing freetype headers.
> >

> > Thanks for the hint 'config.log'. Nevertheless it contains basically the
> > same lines as the 'make' output (see below).
> >
> > So what can I try?
> >
> > Anybody succeeded in installing pango with XFree86-4.3.0 from source?
>
> XFree86-4.3.0 requires Pango-1.2.
>
> (I'm curious ... why were you using pango-1.0.5? Is there some link
> that still points to the old version around?)
>
> Regards,
>                                                Owen

Well, me again. A Google search for Pango 1.2 results in a link to a gtk
download site with this version. The web page of gtk directs to a ftp site
which states 1.0.5 as latest version.

Anyway, I downloaded 1.2 and it installed without problem. Thanks for the
hint!
Frank Hrebabetzky	Tel.:     +55 / 48 / 235 1106
Florianopolis			  +55 / 48 / 9998 7686
Brazil			email:	  frankh terra com br