Re: succeeded in Xscreensaver+GTK on Solaris 2.8

Hi,

Utku Ozcan <ozcan ieee org> writes:

> 3. Not to mention, I have installed make-3.80, m4-1.4, autoconf-2.57,
> automake-1.7.3 (http://www.gnu.org). Some tarballs require "aclocal-1.4"
> instead of "aclocal" and "automake-1.4" instead of "automake" in $PATH,
> therefore I have manually created symbolic link to "aclocal-1.4" and
> "automake-1.4". (I don't know if this is automatically done-able during
> installation of these programs)

these packages require automake-1.4. That's why they explicitely use
the versioned exectuable name. Instead of creating links to a wrong
version, you should have installed automake-1.4. Recent patchlevels
install versioned binaries and can coexist with automake-1.7

Salut, Sven