Re: multithreading: from gtk+1.2 to gtk+2.2

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 12:38, Claudio Pascual wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
>     I had my gtk+1.2 app running without any problem. I used the
> gdk_threads_enter/gdk_threads_leave as described in docs and mailing
> lists messages.
>     Then, a week ago I moved to gtk+2.2. Now I cannot make it run
> without seeing \'Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x28)!\' Nothing
> is shown in the window.
>     Any idea? Thanx in advance,

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-changes-2-0.html

  GDK is no longer put into threaded mode automatically when
  g_thread_init() has been called. In order to use the global
  GDK thread mutex with gdk_threads_enter() and gdk_threads_leave(),
  you must call gdk_threads_init() explicitly. If you aren't using
  GDK and GTK+ functions from multiple threads, there is no reason
  to call gdk_threads_init().

Regards,
                                                Owen