Re: How to redraw the application window of a multithreaded GTK a pp?

>yo all
>mmmmmm
>if u reach that frame rate that s because ur main form doesn t need
>any important graphical work (and 16fps is not really good ; oh god i love
>my geforce4 :D )
>; now try to write a simple game with gtk and u ll notice u can t do
>efficient blitting with this API
>in my opinion drawing area is ok for scientific app not multimedia
>in other words use gtk if u don t need high performance with ur blitting
>NB: don t think i hate gtk but the choice of the graphical API just depends

1) any chance you could drop the IRC-speak on a mailing list? i know
   there was a report recently on american teenagers using IRC abbreviations
   in school work because they didn't realize it wasn't actually
   english, but that just means we have to start sooner rather than
   earlier.

2) if you can't get GTK/GDK to work, you won't get X11 to work either.
   if you use GDK drawing primitives properly, there is essentially
   no overhead compared to X11 for the kind of blit-based work you
   are describing. the only overhead that does exist a few extra
   function call layers in the event handling stack, and the function
   call wrappers represented by GDK.

   the most important design step is probably to use an offscreen
   drawable (a Pixmap) and then blit to the screen from there.

--p