Re: GMarkup XML parser example

Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

Chris Wareham <chris wareham iosystems co uk> writes:

Does anyone have a trivial example of how to use Glib's
GMarkup XML parser? I assume it's a GObject, and I have to
instantiate it before using it's methods ... but how do
I go about doing that?

it's not a GObject and doesn't use any GObject functionality.
It's just a simple XML push-parser that implements a basic SAX
interface. There are plenty of docs out there that explain how
to use the SAX XML parser API.

If you need a trivial example, have a look at
 http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gimp/app/gui/tips-parser.c

Salut, Sven

Many thanks, this was exactly what I needed. If I work up a simple
example and accompanying text, I will forward it to the GTK+
tutorial maintainer(s), as it's a great feature when the program
doesn't need the full functionality of libxml.

Chris
--
chris wareham iosystems co uk (work)
cwareham btinternet com (home)