Re: depreciated classes in GTK+2

Carl B. Constantine wrote:
So I'm looking through the GTK+2 reference manual in DevHelp book (which
is a cool app I must say, reminds me of Apple's MPTA app, but more work
needs to be done to these books to get them to be the same caliber), and
I notice a number of classes that are considered "depreciated" such as
GtkCList (which I was thinking of using in my app).
What I don't notice is what should I use instead of these depreciated
classes? There's no docs on what to replace them with or examples of how
to change your code accordingly.

Most of the deprecated functions I have seen are now macro wrappers
around the preferred function. Others have an alternative noted in the
reference documentation. I've been porting with GLIB_DISABLE_DEPRECATED,
GDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED and GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED defined, then looking
at the macros or alternative in the reference documentation.

Chris
--
chris wareham iosystems co uk (work)
cwareham btinternet com (home)