GtkPaned question

I have a gtkpaned with a treeview at top and a texview at the bottom,
repositioning the gutter flickers way to much. Is there a way to set the
paned so it doesn?t resize the childs until one releases the mouse(sort
of the diffrence between opaque/boxed resizing/dragging in many window
managers.)

And, before the application is shown, I'd like to place the gutter
so its just in the middle of the gtkpaned, what is the pest strategy for
doing that ?

--
Vennlig hilsen/Best Regards
Nils Olav Selåsdal