problem with gdk_copy_area()

Hello,

I have a little problem,

I create a window who drawng an oscilloscope, so I use
the function
             gdk_copy_area()
to move a part of the window.

It's right, but if I select an other window and move
it on the window who drawing the oscilloscope, I see a
gray zone on my window. (because it's copy a part of
picture who doesn't refresh!!)

What is the solution?

For this moment I use the function
      gtk_set_modal()
but I can select an other window if it's already
exist, so I can move on my window oscilloscope!!!

So I use the function gtk_window_set_transcient()
But I can't use this fuction for all the windows who
can exist (they are a lot of windows)

It's exist a function like
gtk_window_set_transcient_all()?
or gtk_window_always_on_top()???