GtkClist and scrollbars

Hi everyone,

I have a GtkClist with one column that I want to add scrollbars to. I am using gtk+1.2 and found out that I have to add first a scrolled window then add the clist to it. I used gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport(). But the problem is that the clist gets very small and can only view one char per row. Although I have set the
column width to a certain size,it still doesnt work.
Does anyone have an idea how could this be done?

Thanks,
Sue.