Re: app is slower from gtk to gtk2

Brandon McCombs <brandon ovnet com> writes:

> hello,
>
> I'm building a lottery program and I have a button setup to draw
> numbers. WHen I used gtk 1.2.8 I could hold enter key in on the keyboard
> for it to make my button in the program call the draw function and it
> could do this very fast. I'd  say I could do 10 draws a second. Now
> using gtk2 I can probably only do 1 draw every second.  Where does the
> slowdown come from and am I able to speed it back up?

In GTK+-2.0, the button only pops back up when you release the key,
except that there is a timeout, if you don't release the key
after 250 milliseconds (not one second) then GTK+ gives up and
assumes that it didn't get the release.

No, you can't speed it up without modifying GTK+ or doing some
hackery of your own to add a timeout when the button is pressed
and remove it when the button is released.

Regards,
                                        Owen