Re: GTK-2.0 statically linked application does not work

Alain VALLETON <Alain Valleton bigfoot com> writes:
> Speaking of linking statically, why is there no simple method to get
> the option needed to statically link an application against
> glib/gdk/gtk
> (and so on) libraries ?

There's no reason, other than no one has implemented it.

It's not super-easy to implement, once you consider cross-platform
issues. But if someone figures it out I'm all for it.

Unfortunately I think with GTK 2 you sort of need a special build of
GTK with included modules and no dependencies on external files in
order to link statically, so the first step is probably to fix that
issue.

Havoc