Re: set attributes to rows in GtkTreeView

Bernd Demian <bdemian csc-dd de> writes:
> First the question: Can somebody show me a simple way to change the
> color of one or more rows in GtkTreeView. In CList it was simple to use
> the function gtk_clist_set_background.

I don't think there is one. What's the application?

You probably have to change the color of each cell separately by
setting properties on the cell renderer or writing a custom cell
renderer.

You can create alternating colors with gtk_tree_view_set_rules_hint().

> Second the bug : I have gtk+ installed on True64 and in the testgtk appl
> it crased when I select the text.
> Here is the stack from core file. I hope somebody can find the bug.

Looks like a divide-by-zero in gtkrange.c. This is in 2.0.0?

> and thirdly the suspicion, when you compress a string with g_strcompress
> and the last char is '\', it seems the function destroyed the memory.

Indeed, it looks like the function is broken. Can you report this on
http://bugzilla.gnome.org.

You can put the tree-row-color feature request there too, but should
explain your use-case for the feature to aid in deciding on an API.

Havoc