Re: Shrinking GTK for PDA usage

On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 14:32, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > > you could replace X11 with DirectFB (see
> > > http://www.directfb.org/gtk.xml).
> >
> > I'm not sure that would be an option I'm afraid.
>
> I'd be happy to hear about your reasons.

Well, there are many apps already that depend on X I guess, and
extensions like XTest for instance. Can xdirectfb replace those?

The XTest extension is very important. Fundamental apps like xkbd
(virtual keyboard) and xstroke (writing recognizer) depend on that.

Also, what's the point of running directfb + xdirectf vs running X11?
Is it worth it?

--
Luis Oliveira
luismbo AT netcabo DOT pt