gtk_adjustment_get_value()

OK, it's late and I'm probably going mad.....

I've been playing around with Gtk Adjustments and have found some
useful examples....  My problem is, everything works just fine until
I try and call gtk_adjustment_get_value(), then it gets weird...!

My compilation fails with: undefined reference to `gtk_adjustment_get_value'

Why is this!?  The call is documented in the Gtk tutorial.  I've even seen
it mentioned on this list....!

I'm using Gtk 1.2.  Have I missed something *really* obvious...!?

--
David J. Singer
doc deadvirgins org uk