directory traversal

I want to recursively traverse a directory. It seems dumb to write
this from scratch (and easy to goof on corner cases), but I haven't
found anything in glib / gtk / etc. that seems to address it. (Yeah,
this is more of a glib question than a gtk question, I guess.)

I did find Mikael Hermansson's GFileScanner, which nearly compiles and
may do what I want. But I'm curious how others solve this problem.

Tia for any pointers.

 Jeff Abrahamson  <>

 The Big Book of Misunderstanding, now in bookstores and on the web: