Re: compiling gtk 2.0.5 is an adventure.

Martin Kestel wrote:
> so? anybody more ideas?

Hi Martin,

I've seen the _eprintf error on solaris when I've tried to link a mix of
libraries compiled with gcc and with sun cc. As I recall (this is all a
bit hazy, I'm probably getting it wrong), _eprintf is part of gcc's
implementation of printf, and is normally resolved in glibc. So I'd
guess one of the objects in your link was built with gcc expecting
glibc, but you're linking with either a different compiler, or gcc is
finding the wrong libc.

You could maybe try to track down the problem by compiling the conf test
code from the command line and removing libraries from the link until it
starts working.

John

Fabric of Vision
Dress and Drapery in Painting