Re: 3 questions

Hi,

Todd Goyen <wettoad knighthoodofbuh org> writes:

> 1- I have a gtkfilesel widget and when i view a directory i get
> errors like this when there is an umlauted character in the
> filename:
>
> Gtk-Message: [Invalid UTF-8] The filename "Björk - Headphones.wav"
> couldn't be converted to UTF-8 (try setting the environment variable
> G_BROKEN_FILENAMES): Invalid byte sequence in conversion input
> [...]
> What must be done to fix this?

read the error message again; it has the answer to your question.

Basically your problem is that the filenames you use are not UTF-8
encoded (or plain ASCII). If you set the environment variable
G_BROKEN_FILENAMES, glib will attempt to convert filenames to and from
the native encoding of your locale.

> 2- I have a popup menu and i would like it to popup over an entire
> hbox so i set the exposure masks for this hbox and it doesn't work
> right, must i set GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK for all the child widgets?

a GtkHBox doesn't have a GdkWindow that could receive events. You need
to place it into a GtkEventBox.

Salut, Sven