Re: 1 expose/configure event function for ALL pixmaps or for EACH??

>Paul,
>
>Hello again.
>
>> you can't draw from a configure event. Only from an expose event.
>
>But configure_event in scribble.c (GTK+ tutorial)
> *does* have drawing code?!?!
>I modified it by adding *more* drawing code and it still
>worked?!?

sorry, i forget a key fact: the GtkWidget in this case is a Pixmap,
not a generic widget. As long as its been realized, you can draw in it
at any time, more or less.

for most widgets, the expose event is the right place to do
drawing. its the best place for pixmaps too, but they can be accessed
elsewhere.

either that or i need to eat some lunch because my brain has forgotten
all this stuff.

--p