Re: 1 expose/configure event function for ALL pixmaps or for EACH??

i didn't answer this part:

>    So to draw DIFFERENT things in a pixmap I must
>    put code in configure_event like this?

other than the configure_event part ...

>      if (first_argument == pixmap_pointerX) {
>         drawing code for pixmapX
>
>       Do this for X = 0, 1, 2, ... 9 ???

sure, that will work. alternatively and more simply, pass the actual
pointer to pixmap as the optional user argument to the handler:

gint expose_event (GtkWidget *widget,
                   GdkEventExpose *event,
		   gpointer *data)

{
	GtkWidget *pixmap = (GtkWidget *) data;
}

gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (pixmapN), "expose_e vent",
                    (GtkSignalFunc) expose_event, pixmapN);