Re: pango_layout_set_text not returning?

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 08:07, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> But I don't understand why that would ever happen?

I read once that replying to one's own email is considered lame -- well
I sure am being lame lately. :)

Anyway, I believe the problem is a race condition with the fork -- or
more specifically, the handler for SIG_CHLD.  I'm doing gtk+ things
inside the handler, which of course can interrupt other gtk functions
and, I presume, cause some internal inconsistency.

(I THOUGHT I had reproduced the problem when commenting out the fork,
but I just automated the process I used to lure out the bug and ran it
for 20 minutes with no problems.  I could have been mistaken ...)

So perhaps in lieu of that, I'll use a pipe(), add an input handler, and
just have the child write to the pipe when it's done.  That way the
parent's flow is serialized.

Thanks once again,
Jason.