Re: drawing rectangle

    Shiraz> But, even in this case, the rectangle is drawn by a
    Shiraz> "configure-event" and thru a box ( convoluted method). I wonder,
    Shiraz> is it necessary to do both these things before I can get an
    Shiraz> elementary rectangle on the screen.

I'm not sure what you mean by "thru a box", but the configure event is
necessary.  If you are just scribbling in a window you have to make sure the
window is visible before actually drawing.  The configure event is what
tells you the window is visible.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com - http://www.mojam.com/)