Re: Text-View

Havoc Pennington:

> That's just how the background property works, it only colors the
> area behind the text that's tagged.
>
> You could file a feature request to add a paragraph_background
> property or something like that in GTK 2.2, that would do what you
> want. File the feature request on http://bugzilla.gnome.org.

   In Scintilla I implemented an 'eolfilled' attribute that works similarly
to this. The original justification was to distinguish segments of
client-side and server-side scripts within HTML by making them look like
differently coloured bands. Since then it has been often used for block
comments, here docs and similar multi-line entities. It has been quite
popular so would make a good addition to the standard widget.

   With paragraph_background, there is the question of whether the
background applies only to line ends within the paragraph or also to the
line end at the end of the paragraph. As Scintilla didn't wrap until
recently this wasn't an issue although it just became one.

   Neil