Re: file handling with fopen() and fclose()

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 21:02, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> John Breen <locutus borg apana org au> writes:
> which is actually a very bad idea for a GUI application. You can as
> well make /etc/shadow world-readable then. See
> GTK+-2.0 will even refuse to run if you make the executable setuid or
> setgid.

Ok, I sit corrected.  I guess I'll have to add more overhead and figure
out _how_ to handle the authentication.  PAM _looks_ like it will do it,
but then again maybe not.

Has anyone done such a thing then, and prepared to share the
methodology?  If not the code?

John Breen