Re: HELP: Compiling GTK+ Applications on UNIX

Paul Davis <pbd op net> writes:

> ah. thats different. thats an m4 macro that probably calls pkg-config
> and handles failure. that doesn't mean pkg-config itself can handle it.

No, pkg-config itself definitely does ask a set of legacy *-config
scripts for results if it can't find .pc files for a module.
I wrote the code, so I'm sure it exists. ;-)

I think I see the problem now - "pkg-config --cflags gtk" goes via
gnome-config, which you probably don't have. Change it to "pkg-config
--cflags gtk+" (add the "+") and it will call gtk-config instead.

If that still doesn't work, or you do have gnome-config installed,
then send me the output if you add the --debug option.

Havoc