Re: 30bit colordepth

 --- Rob Wilkens <robw optonline net> wrote: > I don't know about you guys, but my
Microsoft Windows installation has,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dx8_c/directx_cpp/Graphics/Reference/CPP/D3D/Enums/d3dformat.asp

> Supports this by using "A2B10G10R10", which means a 2-bit alpha color
> (darkness), then 10 bits for each of red, green, and blue.

GTK uses for a lot of things the A8R8G8B8 model, losing 6 bits of alpha to gain
2 bits for colour primares would probably not be a good idea. It will also become
useless whenever the cards go to 12 bits. So you are essentialy better off (i think
the marketing work is future proof) by not trying for a workaround and just biting
the bullet and going to higher bit-depth.