Re: 30bit colordepth

I don't know about you guys, but my Microsoft Windows installation has,
for the longest time, supported 32-bit color mode.  There was a time in
the past where it supported 24-bit color mode only, but since more than
two years ago if not four or more, it has run at 32-bit color depth.

I know gtk is primarily a unix widget system, but I thought like Qt its
greater goal was cross-platform support.

Windows, according to :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dx8_c/directx_cpp/Graphics/Reference/CPP/D3D/Enums/d3dformat.asp

Supports this by using "A2B10G10R10", which means a 2-bit alpha color
(darkness), then 10 bits for each of red, green, and blue.

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth of information to this
discussion.

-Rob